Practicing as a nurse practitioner at Southwest Pediatrics is truly a dream come true. I started my career at Southwest peds as a medical assistant in 2004 while going to nursing school. I stayed until 2007 when I then pursued a career in NICU nursing in various hospitals around the Chicago land area. I always thought about the job I left at Southwest Pediatrics because I truly loved it here and I missed it often. I started working here again as a registered nurse after the birth of my daughter. I completed my master’s degree at the University of St. Francis in May 2017 and I am now a board-certified family nurse practitioner through the American Academy of Family Nurse Practitioners. Being able to stay at a job that I absolutely love at a place that I consider a home away from home is an absolute honor.
I am dedicated to my position as well as to the patients and families at Southwest Pediatrics. I am happy to be a familiar face to many as I transition to my new role at the practice. I am excited to be the first nurse practitioner here as I truly believe that blending a nursing background with the provision of primary medical care makes for an excellent provider.
I live in the area with my 2-year-old daughter, husband, and two dogs. I grew up very close to the home I live in now and our families are all in the area which means this will be our forever home. When I am not at work or with my family I love to stay active through yoga and other fun workouts.
Masters of Science in Nursing; Family Nurse Practitioner
University of St. Francis, Joilet, IL
Bachelors of Science in Nursing
Saint Xavier University, Chicago, IL
2012 – 2017
2002 – 2006
Internal Medicine Adcocate Burbak Il 300 hours
Pediatric Rotation Southwest Pediatrics 150 hours
Womens Helath Rotation, Women care group 150 hours
Registered Nurse, Pediatrics – Southwest Pediatrics – Palos Park, IL
- Collected subjective and objective data from patients for the medical team.
- Administered medications and vaccinations.
- Provided education and demonstrations to patients and families regarding health care, health promotion, and home medication administration.
- Received excellent performance reviews during the duration of my employment.
Aug. 2004 – 2007
Nov. 2012 – Present
Registered Nurse, NICU – Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital – Chicago, IL
- Delivered skilled nursing care to critically ill infants in a Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary health care team to determine an appropriate plan of care for a variety of patients with complex medical needs.
- Provide education to patient families regarding health conditions, medications, discharge needs.
- Current NRP, BLS, and PALS certification
Aug. 2012- Nov. 2015
Registered Nurse, NICU – Loyola University Medical Center – Maywood, IL
- Delivered skilled nursing care to critically ill infants in a Level III NICU setting.
- Practiced primary care nursing for chronic patients to ensure continuity of care
- Recognized twice by managers and co workers for an award given to employees that exhibit excellence in teamwork.
Nov. 2007 to Feb. 2012